UX Design Manager
LINE is a place where people who dream the same dream can realize that dream together. The dream goal at LINE is to create No. 1 services, loved by users around the world, and to realize LINE’s mission of “CLOSING THE DISTANCE.”
In order to realize the mission of “CLOSING THE DISTANCE,” we always try to understand consumers’ constantly changing needs, challenge ourselves and look at the bigger picture. Although LINE started as a search service, it drastically changed directions to become a messenger app due to the support we got from our users. And from that messenger app, we have grown into so many other fields, like gaming, fintech and AI.
LINE is looking for a UX Design Manager with strong design, communication and leadership skills. As a UX Design Manager, you will lead and manage teams to ensure our products and features are valuable for people, businesses and communities, are easy to use, and are of the highest level of craft and execution. In this role, you'll be a foundational member of the leadership team, working together with your product partners in business, strategy, engineering, data science, CX, and others to define the strategy, operations, and communications that guide the team to build great products addressing real user needs. The ideal candidate will have strong fundamentals in people management; org building; systems, interaction, user experience and visual design; experience elevating design quality and efficacy in a data-informed product culture, and a passion for equalizing global access to our product experiences. The role supports teams of designers in working across multiple products simultaneously.
What is Global E-Commerce at LINE?
LINE offers a variety of E-Commerce products and services to our global market (e.g., GiftShop, MyShop, LINE Shopping, LINE GiftShop, and LINE Travel) operating in multiple countries such as Japan, Thailand, and Taiwan.
We work hard to deliver the best e-commerce experience possible to our diverse users by carefully crafting the experience based on our deep understanding of consumer expectations, cultures, market conditions, and business models of each country.
LINE Global E-Commerce organization is rapidly growing and exploring the global commerce market by forming an E-Commerce workforce in Korea and other global offices.
- Manage design leads, product designers, and UX designers; support them as they drive their personal and professional growth
- Identify and grow leaders within the design team, setting them up for success through mentorship and coaching
- Work closely with senior leadership to create strategic visions for the product and then deliver on those visions
- Influence and interpret the product vision to drive strategic execution of design through the team
- Work with designers to ensure we have a deep understanding of user needs and that their design solutions fit into a consistent product experience
- Actively participate in key initiatives to help shape and guide solutions
- Challenge status quo on creativity and quality of design work across the team
- Be willing to get hands-on, partnering closely with other designers and/or engineering teams
- Collaborate closely with your product, insights, and tech counterparts to shape a data-informed vision for the user experience of our products and translate this into an inspiring design strategy for your team
- Promote the team’s design work to drive alignment across other teams
- Proactively look for and solve high-level issues and opportunities
- Lead design, through best practices, attention to detail, and sometimes unconventional thinking, to ensure impact
- 8+ years of product design experience building consumer digital products
- 3+ years of experience managing and growing a team of designers
- Experience leading design teams; mentoring managers and designers
- A keen eye for detail and ability to give effective direction and feedback to designers in the team
- Experience leading and delivering end-to-end design across multiple projects and platforms
- Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking with the ability to develop product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on data and the impact to people and the company
- Experience collaborating closely with product owners, engineering, research, data science, and business teams to explore and define product opportunities
- Experience with different UX processes and research methods, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Ability to present work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Strong communication and diplomacy/stakeholder management skills in English
*A portfolio showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple platforms as well as analytical decision-making, design operations, people management, and strategic thinking is required when applying for this position.
Information for Candidates Residing Overseas
The selection process will be conducted entirely online. However, if you are selected for this position, you will be required to relocate to Thailand prior to your first day at LINE. (Relocation support will be provided.)