Network Engineer / Infrastructure Network
Plan, design, deploy, and operate the internal network for LINE and LINE Group (including global offices). (This role does not include managing PCs or other devices.)
The demand to deploy and operate office network increases every year as LINE and LINE Group business grows and the number of employees increases. The Network Department responds swiftly to organizational changes and deployment/operate/improve office network in order to offer a more stable network environment to LINE employees.
Specific duties are as follows.
- Design/deploy/operate WAN connections/wired LAN/wireless LAN/IP telephone network for office deployments
- Design/deploy/operate data center network to connect each office
- Design/deploy/operate external connections for outsourced vendors to access LINE's internal systems
- Monitor/visualize/optimize deployed network
- Select/test/evaluate/install new technology and product
- More than half of LINE's offices are located outside of Japan. Work with overseas employees in deployment and operating internal networks in overseas locations.
- Select, evaluate, and design network-related technology/products for internal users and contribute to LINE's overall business growth through network technology.
- Hands-on experience on extensive network technology, including L2/L3 technology, wireless LAN, and network access authentication technologies.
- Responsibility to provide a high level of quality and stability for most LINE employees working with wireless LAN
This opportunity will provide unparalleled insight and experience from an environment that demands high-level technology and experience.
Drive to enhance systematization, visualization, and automation for stable and efficient operation.
The team offers opportunities to have experiences in optimizing operation along with network deployment.
- LINE Infra Engineer Recruitment Session held on July 28, 2020 (Japanese only): https://youtu.be/YM-PgafMxmk
- Internal Network Engineer at LINE: Global office deployment opportunities (Japanese only) https://logmi.jp/tech/articles/323225
Network Technology Skills & Experiences (Required):
- 3+ years of experience in network planning, design, deployment, and operation work
- Experience in planning, designing, deployment, and operating enterprise networks for a company with multiple locations
- Experience in designing, configuring, and troubleshooting network equipment (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, wireless LAN equipment)
- Experience in product selection for WANs and contract negotiation with vendors
Network Technology Skills & Experiences (Preferred):
- Knowledge of and experience with Cisco Switch and UC products
- Knowledge of and experience with Aruba products
- Knowledge of and experience with wireless LAN authentication technologies
- Experience in deployment and operating enterprise networks for global companies
- Experience in deployment and operating wireless LAN with a large number of devices connected
- Business level English ＆ Japanese
- Business level English ＆ Korean (Japanese language support; e.g. interpreters, will be provided for up to 12 months in your first year. After that, you are expected to communicate in Japanese without interpreters. You will be provided with an opportunity to take Japanese language courses according to your Japanese level.)
- Passionate about network engineering and committed to sustaining high-quality networks
- Ambitious and proactively challenges the status quo
- Ability to plan ahead and take initiative
- Communicate effectively with other teams both in and outside Japan
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
- Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
*Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)]
Shinjukul, Osaki, Minami-shinjuku, Yotsuya
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (outdoor Smoking Area)]
Shinuku (NEX), Nishi-shinjuku
Details to be shared during interviews.