LINE is committed to user privacy and compliance with data protection regulations. This position is involved from the early service planning stages, oversees how user data is to be processed throughout the service provision, and ensures that our data management practice complies with data protection regulations, and the company’s data policy.
Knowledge of privacy and personal data protection is mandatory for this position. Furthermore, to be capable of fulfilling the relevant roles and responsibilities, a candidate needs to have basic IT understanding.
This position will cooperate with security, legal, planning, government relations, public relations, customer care and engineering departments. The successful candidate will learn how to provide a reliable LINE service by designing user-facing UX flows and applying security technologies.
- Provide legal consultation regarding privacy and personal data protection.
- Perform privacy impact assessment to ensure that LINE services and campaigns are in compliance with the Taiwan's personal data protection regulations as well as internal policy.
- Engage in service design review and provide privacy-friendly suggestions to protect LINE users’ personal data.
- Prepare and maintain LINE’s privacy policies up-to-date in collaboration with local stakeholders and global teams.
- Co-work with local stakeholders and global teams to deal with privacy and data protection issues.
- Process in compliance with local regulations and internal policies the personal data-related inquiries from the governments and LINE's users.
- Provide the relevant teams with up-to-date privacy regulation, cybersecurity regulation and enforcement landscape.
- Represent LINE in case of personal-data related dispute.
- Provide security and privacy awareness training to employees.
- An attorney licensed in Taiwan with a reasonable degree of proficiency in English, verbal and written.
- Specialized in TW Personal Data Protection Law.
- Japanese communication skill is a plus.
- 3+ years of legal practice in law firms and/or in-house is required.
- Work experience in internet/mobile-related business.
- Have experience of PIMS is a plus
- Strong written and spoken communication skill and willingness to be a team player.
- Well-organized and able to manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously in a timely manner.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on various topics from the complex matters to daily routine tasks.
- Must be able to adapt to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to co-work with related cross-functional global teams.
- Technical knowledge of messaging applications, networking, encryption and other technologies is a plus.
LINERs we are looking for:
- Users Rule
- Perfect Details
- Always Data-driven
- Build Lean and Exceptional Teams
- Open Communication, Vertical Decision-making
- Keep in Sync, Aiming for the Same Goal
- 1% Problem-finding, 99% Solution-making