Head of Advertising Business
Team: Advertising Business
As part of our mission in “Closing the Distance”, LINE aims to enable the richest of life for our users in every moment. LINE is used by Thai people in almost every aspects of their life. They can communicate with each other, be entertained by quality video contents, read leading publications, browse and purchase online products, and achieve many more things on our platforms.
This role directly reports to the Chief Commercial Officer. As a Head of Advertising Business, you will be responsible for envisioning the future of advertising on LINE by developing product strategies. You will also work cross-functionally with engineers and designers to define, spec, and ship features for LINE’s next generation advertising products and platforms.
- Manage overall monetization strategy of advertising inventories and features on LINE platform (including family apps and services) by offering as ‘advertising products / business solutions’ (e.g., LINE Official Account, API-based CRM & Media solutions, LINE Ads Platforms – LAP, LINE TODAY Ad, LINE TV Ad, Programmatic Ad, Smart Channel Ad, etc.)
- Master the progressive road-map plan with double~triple digits growth of each product
- Manage sub-teams under the Advertising Business Team (i.e., Account Advertising Team and Display Advertising Team); Build, coach, inspire the team of Product Marketers / Product Strategists to: (1) create competitive products / solutions that bring 'wins' across market segments and channels, (2) drive adoption and revenue growth through product optimization and pricing, (3) analyze product performance, market landscape, and competitors, then drive enhancement
- Manage overall product marketing & communication strategy through various channels (e.g., LINE's official websites, ads on other SNS platforms, e-learning platforms, online article publishing, etc.)
- Support LINE's Corporate Sales / Consulting teams on solution design and pitching for strategic clients; create impactful product narratives that match client's business goals across various industries and enable growing revenue streams
- Lead collaborate with Global Engineering Team and relevant Platform Owners to create sustainable, total business value across parties
- Lead business development through partnerships with 3rd parties (e.g., Programmatic, API partners)
- Lead advertising operations members and drive productivity throughout end-to-end process
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical field or a proven track record of work experience
- 10+ years of experience in product management, leading new product development
- 7+ years of experience in digital advertising
- Familiarity with advertising technology including but not limited to DoubleClick for Publishers and related SSP, DSP, DMP and CDP from a variety of vendors
- Professional proficiency in both Thai and English
- Experience in advertising technology ecosystem
Whether building proprietary systems or integrating third-party solutions, you understand how advertising is bought, sold and delivered, and can make build/buy/partner decisions.
- Consumer product intuition
You will be the key decision-maker representing the interests of our customers, including advertisers and publishers, and you deeply understand how to create engaging experiences for our end users.
- Cross-functional leadership capability
You will be leading teams from across the company (engineering, design, marketing, etc.). To ensure effective collaboration, and you can communicate and translate requirements and priorities between business and technical audiences.
- Hands-on execution
We have a hands-on start-up work culture. As one of our product leaders, you can write specs and work closely with engineers to ensure product delivery.
- Analytical vigor
You love working with data to gain insights.
- Growth mindset
You share our passion and are driven by growth mindset to create impacts for people.
- Technology evangelist
You are excited by technology and can inspire others to feel the same way as you do.
LINE Thailand Head Office, Gaysorn Tower, Bangkok