Site Reliability Engineer
The Product & Engineering team in LINE Indonesia is in charge to develop, launch, maintain, and improve local services that can serve the needs of Indonesian users and can help LINE to sustain its business and operation in Indonesia.
This also includes being in charge of technical consultation and developer relations activities to ensure that business partners and 3rd-party developers can build meaningful use cases on top of LINE platform.
Some products we have launched and maintains includes: LINE TODAY App, LINE Jobs, LINE Help, LINE Ramadan, and LINE Siaga.
Established 3 years ago, the Product & Engineering team still feels and operates like a startup. You will be working with highly passionate individuals in a team who has demonstrated high ownership whilst having fun and flexibility at work.
- Analyze and solve technical problems of system using software engineering methodologies
- Maintain and improve services to achieve low latency and high availability
- Monitor system to detect problems, conduct post-incident review, and plan system capacity
- Develop tools and system to automate routine operations for efficient software development process
- Participate in the entire software development process including design, development, delivery, monitoring, and improvement
- Work with other engineers to build appropriate service environment, operate services, and improve them continuously
- Majored in Computer Science, or related field, from reputable university
- Have solid knowledge and understanding in computer science (e.g. use of standard algorithms and data structures, OS, network, database)
- Experience in software development for web services or mobile applications using Java/Kotlin
- Experience using a Linux/Unix development environment
- Have strong interest and ability to learn any new technical topic
- Good communication skill in English
- Experience in development and operation for large-scale system
- System architecture and design experience including but not limited to some of the following topics:
- Networking (HTTP 1.1/2, TCP/IP, DNS etc.)
- Scalling and auto-scaling
- Micro-services, DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- RPC (REST, Thrift, ProtoBuf, etc)
- Asynchronous I/O
- Task Automation
- RDBMS (MySQL, etc)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, etc)
- Distributed Cache (Redis, etc)
- Distributed Transaction
- Preferable to have experience in contributing to open source projects, and using the latest Java programming language (Java 8+)
- Preferable to have knowledge and experience about JVM
Explore more about us!