Public Policy Counsel
Public Policy Counsel under Corporate Affairs Team serves as the internal legal counsel for public policy issues and will be the public face for LINE Taiwan to hold level playing field for the company's advocacy.
- Provide comprehensive legal assessment and policy recommendation on on-going, industry-related legislature and administrative rules.
- Analyze potential impacts of on-going legislature on company operations and develop tailored messages to external stakeholders.
- Provide legal and/or compliance advice and counsel on electronic payment, fintech and/or banking-related services and businesses. Study, review or propose related regulatory and supervisory legal framework.
- Gather and provide intelligence and/or insight on the motivation and objective of industry-related policy or legislature.
- Review existing and on-going internal policies, which would impact LINE Taiwan Limited but owned by LINE Corp or other LINE group affiliates, and provide comprehensive legal assessment to minimize potential risks.
- From legal perspective, promptly provide and/or review reactive statement on corporate affairs, government regulatory matters and other ad hoc issues which are relevant to the business assigned by the Corporate Affairs Director.
- Represent company to attend hearings or consultations when assigned by Corporate Affairs Senior Director
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese as well as English. Japanese/Korean is a plus.
- Experience in top-notch law firms with Taiwan Bar or US Bar will be considered favorably.
- Solid understanding of Administrative Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Procedure Law, Corporate Law and Antitrust Law is required.
- Expertise on Financial Crime Law and Telecom Law is a plus.
- Enthusiasm in cutting-edge technology and working at a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.