Machine Learning Engineer - EC
We are looking for a key member collaborating closely with data engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers, and platform engineers to build sustainable machine learning applications for e-commerce services at LINE.
We are mainly developing machine learning models to ensure we efficiently display products to the right customers depending on their intent and production information. You will be able to implement machine learning algorithms, including the large-scale deep neural networks for ranking systems in e-commerce, user behavior modeling, natural language processing for product categorization etc.
- Build machine learning applications of production classification for e-commerce use
- Be hands-on and raise the bar on best practices for machine learning lifecycle projects on recommender systems
- Stay current on knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing machine learning technology
- Being involved in team discussions about projects that requires data science and machine learning computation.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience with 3+ years of machine learning related work
- Ability to design an applied research plan of machine learning applications for e-commerce from scratch
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience in Unix/Linux system and comfortable working with large datasets and conducting complex data analysis using Python, SQL, or R.
- Solid knowledge of machine/statistical learning, algorithms, data mining
- Good communication skills with demonstrated ability to deliver and explain technical content to stakeholders.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related quantitative field with 5+ years of machine learning related work or research
- Practical project experience of semi-supervised text classification preferred
- Develop production-grade machine learning code, from models to features and pipelines, allowing for scalability, and monitoring
- Experience architecting and developing deep learning frameworks, especially PyTorch
- Experience building machine learning solutions, working with data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience ETL/ ELT with Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Extensive experience with OOP in Python.
- Expert with scripting languages such as Python and shell scripts
- Solid understanding of the design and implement large-scale recommender systems.
- Understanding of the auxiliary practical concerns in production machine learning systems.