Network Engineer / Infrastructure Network
Plan, design, deploy, and operate the enterprise network for LINE and LINE Group including global offices.
- This role does not include managing PCs or other devices.
- Network equipment monitoring and routine operational tasks are mainly performed by the Network Operation Center (NOC) team.
The demand to deploy and operate office network increases every year as LINE and LINE Group business grows and the number of employees increases.
In order to respond swiftly to these changes, the enterprise network department is looking for network engineers who can work with us to design, deploy, operate, and improve our network environment that can be used stably by LINE employees.
Specific duties are as follows.
- Design, deploy, and operate offie network such as WAN/Internet connections, wired/wireless LAN, and IP telephone networks
- Design, deploy, and operate data center network to connect each office
- Design, deploy, and operate external connections for outsourced vendors to access LINE's internal systems (Site-to-Site VPN)
- Design, deploy, and operate remote access VPN environment
- Optimize the deployed network (e.g., enhanced monitoring/visualization, operational automation, etc.)
- Select, evaluate, and install new technology and product
- More than half of LINE's offices are located outside of Japan. Work with overseas employees in deployment and operating enterprise networks in overseas locations.
- Select, evaluate, and design network-related technology/products for internal users and contribute to LINE's overall business growth through network technology.
- Hands-on experience on extensive network technology, including L2/L3 technology, wireless LAN, and network authentication technologies.
- Responsibility to provide a high level of quality and stability for most LINE employees working with wireless LAN
- This opportunity will provide unparalleled insight and experience from an environment that demands high-level technology and experience.
- Drive to enhance systematization, visualization, and automation for stable and efficient operation.
- The team offers opportunities to have experiences in optimizing operation along with network deployment.
- LINE Infra Engineer Recruitment Session held on July 28, 2020 (Japanese only): https://youtu.be/YM-PgafMxmk
- Enterprise Network Engineer at LINE: Global office deployment opportunities (Japanese only) https://logmi.jp/tech/articles/323225
- LINE Infra Engineer Recruitment Session held on August 25, 2021 (Japanese only): https://logmi.jp/tech/articles/325448
- Network Department Introduction (Japanese only): https://www.bizreach.jp/job-feed/public-advertising/pa15kzl/
Network Technology Skills & Experiences (Required):
- 3+ years of experience in network planning, design, deployment, operation, improvement, and troubleshooting work for a company with multiple locations
- Detailed knowledge of BGP, OSPF, MC-LAG, FHRP, and ACL
- Experience in product selection for WANs and contract negotiation with vendors
- Basic knowledge and operational experience with Linux Server
- Basic knowledge and experience with cabling, physical equipment, modules, transceivers, and power.
- Experience in handling and completing multiple projects
Network Technology Skills & Experiences (Preferred):
- Experience in design, deployment, and operation of the following
- Cisco L2/L3 switch and UC products
- Firewall, SD-WAN, SSL-VPN products
- Wireless LAN with a large number of devices connected
- Network authentication technologies (802.1x and certificates)
- Global office networks
- Office networks with thousands of users
- IPv6 networks
- Experience in developing operational tools using programing languages such as Python and Bash
- Experience in selecting, testing and evaluating new products and solutions
- Experience in managing multiple team members to complete a project
- Business level English
- Business level Japanese (JLPT N2 or equivalent)
- Passionate about network engineering and committed to sustaining high-quality networks
- Ambitious and proactively challenges the status quo
- Ability to plan ahead and take initiative
- Communicate effectively with other teams both in and outside Japan
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
- Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
Details to be shared during interviews.