One step closerto a better future
Explore Life at LINE
- LINE Hybrid Work 2.0 LINE's Hybrid Work 2.0 : Letting Employees Choose How They Prefer to Work for Best PerformanceMost companies tell their employees how they should work. Based on the nature of their tasks, project cycles, and how much international collaborating they do, companies often allow everything from occasional remote work to 100% remote work. The focus is on managing employee tasks and performances, both domestically and overseas.With the Covid-19 pandemic now receding into the past, many companies are transitioning back to office work. But not LINE, which continues to maintain its much-praised Hybrid Work system. This is based on the belief that a hybrid environment allows each team and employee at LINE to work at their best efficiency and productivity. LINE's Journey to Its Unique Work Style In fact, even before the pandemic, LINE had implemented its LINE SMART WORK system, which offered the option of working remotely once a month (along with flexible working hours from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., as long as a monthly standard is met). Combined with video conferencing and other collaborative tools, the remote work environment was already in place. Therefore, when the initial pandemic situation occurred, we were able to swiftly transition to full remote work, ensuring all organizations could operate 100% smoothly while staying safe from COVID-19.As the pandemic continued, LINE began to fundamentally rethink our way of working to better realize our global business direction. The answer was an optimal way of working (or hybrid work) that could yield the best results. LINE chose a slightly different path, opting not to uniformly impose a single work style on the entire company, but instead experimenting and exchanging feedback on the optimal style for each organization and role.In July 2021, we officially implemented LINE Hybrid Work 1.0, making LINE the first major company in Korea to implement a remote work system after the pandemic. Depending on the work style needed by each department — based on the nature of their work, project cycles, and degree of global collaboration — we provided a range of options from 100% remote work to coming to the office for a number of days a week. Through the “Working in _____ for a Month” pilot program, we experimented with flexible working options from various locations. As a result, we decided to give our employees flexibility to work anywhere they wanted in Korea, with the approval of their department lead, as long as their tasks and performance could be responsibly managed.In July 2022, LINE once again proposed a new work paradigm, LINE Hybrid Work 2.0, which allowed people to work from overseas too. This was made possible because over the previous two years, LINERs built trust that they could deliver results responsibly and professionally. LINE Hybrid Work 2.0 With LINE Hybrid Work 2.0, it's possible to work from overseas locations (within a 4 time zones of Korea). Employees can work from anywhere in Korea for as long as they like, and overseas for up to 90 days per year. This expansion opened up such places as LINE’s major markets of Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, and Indonesia, as well as Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Maldives, Guam, New Zealand, Saipan, and Australia. With LINE’s 200 million users around the world, being able to work abroad really helped our employees gain new insights and increase work efficiency through new experiences in a diversity of global environments. To create an optimal work environment, we provide Hybrid Work Points. You can freely use points worth KRW2.04 million each year to build a remote work environment that best suits you and your working style.Finally, we've updated our company-wide collaboration rules, which we call the Ground Rules. The Ground Rules refer to guidelines we’ve added to ensure successful offline collaborations and interactions, such as regular face-to-face meetings, managing members' sense of belonging and bonding, and intensive onboarding for new members. Thanks to these Ground Rules, LINERs can efficiently interact with other roles/teams. We also support Ground Rule-related training programs, helping organizations to set their own policies that suit their work, projects, and collaboration style. Workplace/Location “Find a location where you can fully focus!” - Ensure a stable physical environment (network, equipment, etc.) that allows you to concentrate on your work. - When working remotely, the basic rule is to work from home where the physical environment is optimized to ensure full concentration on your work. (Working outside while traveling or in locations such as cafes, parks, or libraries is not allowed.) - … Work Management “Share and provide feedback frequently!” - Each department or project conducts daily scrums and greetings at the start or end of the day. - Share work plans (goals, due dates) and progress with your Lead/PM and team members as frequently as possible. - … Communication “Be proactive in communication!” - During business hours, please communicate through the LINE messenger and other channels and respond to others promptly. - When sending a Slack/LINE/Works message to colleagues, it is recommended to include both a greeting and the reason you are contacting them, making it easier for others to respond quickly, even during their meetings. - … Working Hours “Manage your working hours consistently, whether at home or in the office!” - It is recommended to align your working hours with colleagues for better collaboration. - Share your starting and finishing times, along with your work or away statues, with Leads and colleagues to facilitate good communication. - … Office or Remote? Office and Remote! LINE has fully renovated its office in Korea to reflect the hybrid work situation. The office has transitioned from a simple workspace to a central space for face-to-face collaborations and interactions. We've reduced the total number of seats, implementing free-seating system for most people instead of individual fixed seats, and filled the resultant space gains with larger and more pleasant multi-person meeting rooms and gathering spaces. Considering the increase in video conferences, we've also increased the number of single-person meeting rooms (called “Focus Rooms”) and installed personal lockers to everyone can secure their belongings. Each floor has public spaces for refreshments, tea time with colleagues, and casual idea meetings. LINE Hybrid Work 2.0 Snapshot With the implementation of LINE Hybrid Work 2.0, we introduced LINE Hybrid Work 2.0 Tips! to enhance LINERs' collaborations and interactions. Offering a wide range of meeting rooms, office equipment available for day rental, ways to increase bonding in a remote work environment, and security health checklists, the Tips guide has been used by about 75% of LINERs, making it a go-to resource for both existing and new employees curious about Hybrid Work.Next, a company-wide special lecture was conducted to help people improve work skills in a Hybrid Work environment. From the ultimate purpose and meaning of Ground Rules (our steps for ensuring efficient collaborations and trust in each department), to the use of 1-on-1s for seamless synchronization between the organization heads and members, and from education on concentration/space/time management to effectively managing the environment surrounding individuals and increase work productivity! Especially for space management, there was an opportunity to receive direct home office consulting from space experts.Finally, everything from new employee onboarding to all internal events have transitioned to hybrid. We broadcast offline events online, allowing all LINERs to participate regardless of their location. Presenting two keywords: “Jeju” and “Bali”. Can you guess what they are? They are the top places LINERs like to go for remote work. Jeju Island for people staying in Korea (followed by the east coast cities of Goseong and Yangyang), and Bali, Indonesia for those going abroad (followed by Chiang Mai and Bangkok in Thailand and Tokyo in Japan). For overseas work locations, we could see that LINE's main markets are popular. This confirms the needs of LINERs who want to see and experience firsthand how the services they create are used overseas and hear the users' voices. * Editor’s note: As I’m writing this, I'm currently in Jeju, working and living on my own. Only my physical location has changed, but I've not experienced problems getting my work done or communicating with team members. However, I do think working here has made me a lot more efficient and productive. Changing where I’m based has really helped me clear my head, making me more focused on my work! Experiencing what this is like firsthand has really made me more confident in LINE’s remote work program. * Editor’s note: The LINER who provided the above photo spent a month in Bali with their colleagues. Although they had a strong camaraderie, they didn't know much about how each other worked or what specific tasks they did due to the detailed division of work roles. However, through this Bali remote work, they were able to better understand each other's tasks and roles. The future of work is here So, that’s the story of LINE Hybrid Work. LINERs are finding the optimal work style according to job-specific, organization-specific, and individual styles, sometimes in the office and sometimes remotely, for the best results. If you’re interested in working for a company that lets you find the work environment that’s right for you, come join us! ※ The information in this content applies only to certain corporations, and may differ for other corporations.
- LINE OPEN OFFICE Once a month, a packed LINE library on the 20th floor of Bundang Square buzzes with excitement as we host LINE OPEN OFFICE. Debuting in April 2023, each LINE OPEN OFFICE features young people aspiring to join LINE and their seniors from school or other activities, gathering to learn more about the fun and challenges that LINE offers. Thus far, some 200 have attended, so let’s learn more about what makes LINE OPEN OFFICE so special. What makes LINE OPEN OFFICE so ‘open’? First of all, the views are wide open. "Welcome to LINE!” Upon arrival at LINE’s office in Bundang, just south of Seoul, the first thing that greets participants is the spectacular view from our WOW Library on the 20th floor. The library is a popular space where employees usually read books or magazines, chat over coffee, and collaborate on projects. It’s also where many events are held, like town halls and workshops. However, during LINE OPEN OFFICE, it's exclusively for the use of our future LINERs as they learn all about our company. After hearing about LINE's work culture, there's an office tour so attendees can experience LINE's work environment up close. From the in-house cafe that LINERs visit first when they come to the office, to the meeting rooms and focus rooms where various LINE services are born, to the in-house convenience store and massage room for when people want a break, they get to explore every nook and cranny of LINE's office and envision how LINERs work. Secondly, 'LINE's A to Z' is open for those who are curious about everything LINE! “I'm curious about your code review culture.”, “Is it true that there are no fixed working hours?”, "What does an AI developer at LINE do? As part of the big day, we offer a session to reveal LINE's A to Z for participants and answer all their questions.LINERs work wherever their efficiency can be maximized in accordance to their team policy, developing services for 200 million users by collaborating with global colleagues. That kind of freedom seems appealing, but the languages and workload might be worrying at the same time. However, after hearing about the values LINE considers important and its journey so far, they can better understand how LINERs work with autonomy and also great responsibility. Attendees can start to envision why so many excellent people want to work at LINE, how they would work if they were a part of the team.Especially notable is the LINE Engineering introduction session, where the participants' eyes really light up. After listening attentively to the session, everyone participates in the Q&A, leading to honest and realistic questions that are typical of college students. From talks about technology used in practice, to organization and culture, and personal career and goals, students can get honest answers from current LINERs. Thirdly, we open a meeting place with senior LINE members. What I'd like to tell myself if I were to go back to job hunting is, 'The important thing is to just keep on going, even when you're feeling down.' The most special part of LINE OPEN OFFICE is getting to meet with senior LINERs. They share stories about when they started dreaming of becoming developers, what activities they did in college to achieve their goals, how the interview process was, what they find most satisfying about working at LINE now, and what they wish they had prepared during their undergraduate years. Through the interview session, senior LINERs offer honest, clear, and heartfelt answers to the questions juniors are most curious about, giving those young, aspiring LINERs a chance to learn how the senior LINERs came to do their current jobs.Afterwards, we move to a meeting room on a different floor to glimpse the work atmosphere and have a cozy lunch between seniors and juniors. As everyone eats hot burgers fresh from the restaurant on the first floor, we unwind and continue talking. Before everyone knows it, they’re not just hosts and guests, but friends, exchanging contacts and social media handles, promising to meet again soon. Looking forward to seeing you at LINE Seeing and hearing about LINE and LINERs firsthand from LINE’s office, we hope our guests get to experience LINE on a level that they couldn’t from the outside. We are also constantly working on developing more ways for our future LINERs to learn more about our company.We know many of you are eagerly waiting for the day LINE's open recruitment begins. Although the schedule is not yet set, once confirmed, you'll be able to check the good news first on the recruitment site you're reading now, or on the LINE CAREERS' social media accounts. Until then, please keep reading the LINE CAREERS channels and look for future LINE OPEN OFFICE events where we can continue our meetings with you! ※ The information in this content applies only to certain corporations, and may differ for other corporations.
- Mission & Values Create an amazing life Platform that brings WOW! to our users. From when you wake up until you fall asleep, as the foundation for your daily life, we aim to surprise, inspire and make your life better. We have steadily expanded our presence in the business landscape and the number of services we offer our users, which in turn has caused our impact on our users’ lives to grow. Moving forward, we will keep challenging ourselves to use our technology and services to create new and unexpected value in our users’ daily lives. WOW! WOW = “An unprecedented experience that you just have to share with others”! = “astonishment beyond imagination” "WOW!” is “an unprecedented experience that you just have to share with others.” “!” represents “astonishment beyond imagination”. In order to become the choice of users and deeply impress them, we have to realize both “WOW” and “!”. Together, that makes “WOW!,” and that needs to be our goal.WOW! begins with big ambitions — aiming for 120 out of 100 and tenfold growth rather than twofold or threefold. If this were easy to do, everyone would do it. But WOW! cannot be created from mediocrity, so it’s fundamentally important that we set our sights higher than anyone else — so high that others think it’s unreachable and give up. In the fierce process to reach such a high standard, you’ll be able to find a clue to WOW!. Life Platform We connect with our users through our wide range of services, like search, messenger, media, commerce, fintech, and AI. By “life platform”, we mean that we provide services that are closely connected to our users’ lives, impacting all aspects of daily life. 24/7, from when our users wake up until they fall asleep, we strive to support the overall life of the users. Our Aim We aim to create No. 1 services that are adored by countless users. Because users will not choose a mediocre No. 2 or No. 3. To make a WOW! service, you need to give your everything to your projects. No. 1 services that lead the market and change paradigms always have a WOW! factor. Gather together a range of No. 1 services that users depend on for the foundation of their daily lives, and you’ve created a “life platform”. In order to reach that goal of earning our users’ support and loyalty, we must continue to challenge ourselves with a fighting spirit and the determination that “We can do it”, no matter what. Moving forward, we will never stop taking on the challenges of creating a WOW! Life Platform. Values By “Values”, we mean the way we should work to achieve our Mission. Three core directions — Users Rule, Get It Done, and Lean & Mean Teams — set the standard for creating services, working as individuals, and collaborating as part of a team. Nine keywords are organized into three groups of three, so that we can put them into practice more readily. Users Rule Because only services that users find interesting and choose to use can survive, let alone become industry leaders, users are the foundation and core of our services. That is why you need to think from the users’ perspective at every step of creating a service, from start to end. You must ensure that the users trust us during every step of the service development process, from pinpointing user needs in advance to releasing distinctive services that embrace those needs. Always Data-drivenThe most crucial element when creating a service is to identify user needs accurately. If you misidentify what our users need then your very starting point is going to be wrong. You must analyze the data in depth, not just going on a hunch, and use that as the basis for your decisions. Only then will you be able to uncover our users’ hidden needs. Furthermore, user needs are always changing, so you must be attentive to their changes and keep your data up-to-date. Perfect the DetailsOnce you have pinpointed the users' needs, you must create services with the details totally perfected, like only we can offer. We can only survive the fierce competition of the marketplace when we offer unique and distinctive user experiences that stand out from the multitude of alternatives.What makes experiences distinctive lies in the specifics, not the grand idea, so you must pay particular attention to the finest details.Furthermore, the work doesn’t end with the release of a service. There is no guarantee that the users who were initially satisfied with a service will still use it a year later. You must aim for a standard that exceeds their ever-changing expectations, observe their reactions, make the necessary modifications, and do what it takes so our users continue to choose us. Stay Trustworthy Until now, we have grown through earning the support and dedication of our users.But as our business has grown, so too has the scope of what we consider “users”, beyond just the people who use our services to now include shareholders, governments, local communities, partners, and employees. And these users demand a higher level of trust.Accordingly, in order to maintain their trust and further strengthen that bond, you should always be thinking in terms of “how” you are achieving your goals, not just “what” you’re achieving.The level of trust that users demand is always changing and may be higher in the future. You must always be attentive to those changes and respond promptly. Get It Done Our job is to always be solving problems. So, you must focus on solving such problems with grit and determination, rather than just dwelling on the problems or challenges, and do your best to create solutions.There are always endless reasons why something can’t be done, but, you need to dig deep and find ways to accomplish your goals.If you truly did your best—if you gave it your all and went beyond your limits—your time and effort will still be meaningful even if you meet failure at the end of the road. Or, even better, those experiences can serve as valuable lessons for your next challenge.When you finally do succeed after going through all this, you will feel an even greater sense of accomplishment. Work Intensely and Be FocusedYou will face numerous problems to solve and, yes, each of them will be difficult.Therefore, you must understand the nature of your work first—what you are doing, why you are doing it, and for whom. Then prioritize your tasks and focus on solving the problem at hand.You can only solve problems when you properly allocate your time and effort according to the importance of each issue.What’s more, you will find that you can come up with new, out-of-the-box solutions when you’re intensely immersed in the work, rather than simply “working hard”. Take the InitiativeThe more difficult a task is, the harder it is to find a solution when you are limiting yourself to just your own tasks. Take the initiative to look at the whole process and if you find a better method, talk to your peers first and work together, even if something is not on your task list.Note that this is not about simply pinpointing problems or criticizing. It is important to dive into the process and collaborate. Only with such efforts will you be able to achieve your ultimate goal. Embody ProfessionalismIn order to “Get It Done”, meaning to accomplish the challenging tasks we have before us, each one of us must be professional. A “professional” is someone who regularly achieves outstanding results in their work, beyond what most people can do. And “outstanding results” means the kind of results that greatly exceed the expectations of everyone you work with. Understanding that rigorous standard, you should be striving to confidently call yourself a professional.An organization made from such excellent professionals is an organization that can tackle any challenge that comes its way and ultimately succeed. Lean & Mean Teams Lean & Mean Teams refers to creating teams that are efficient, with nothing in excess of what is needed, single-minded in their common objective.A hundred mediocre athletes with middling ambitions cannot beat a team of 10 elite athletes who are determined to win no matter what.We can only create outstanding results when an organization is optimized for a given task, moving in perfect order like one body, battling with a true fighting spirit. Open Communication, Vertical Decision-making Most of the tasks you face will have more than one solution. To identify the best solution, open and honest communications based on a deep understanding of the task are essential, regardless of authority, position, age, or experience.In an open environment, team members will suggest ideas to find solutions, and the team leader will listen to them and set a clear direction based on their input.The leader will also take responsibility for those decisions. Team members must trust their leader's judgment and work together to achieve the team's goal. Keep in Sync with GoalsWe work in an ever-changing environment, so our teams need to be able to quickly exchange opinions, adjust the direction according to prevailing conditions, and synchronize their progress with all members in real time.Only then can you promptly respond to any situation, survive and ultimately achieve your goals. Enjoy the Challenges Together The more difficult the challenge is, the more important the support of your teammates is.When teammates complement and encourage each other in difficult times, a bond is formed, creating a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts, and an energy that you cannot create alone.There’s nothing like the feeling of accomplishment and pride you get after overcoming challenges together as a team, challenges you once thought were insurmountable when you were on your own. Mission & Values in LINERs’ everyday lives Our Mission & Values have been very prominent in all the LINE offices, serving as a constant reminder of our core principles to all LINERs. These values are found in various places such as PC wallpapers, virtual backgrounds for video conferencing with coworkers, digital posters, and more. Our Mission & Values is with you every moment from when you start at LINE and as you grow as a LINER. Wallpapers and screensavers reinforcing the Values messaging We look forward to growing together Mission & Values is not just an abstract value, but rather the foundation of every moment of your work as a LINER, of your practical choices and your judgments. For those who want to make users around the world say “WOW!,” for those who dream of creating No. 1 services together with other outstanding colleagues. please do not hesitate to join us. We look forward to hearing from you. Go to LINE Jobs Postings
Meet the Global LINERs
- DesignSubin baeMultimedia DesignBefore coming to LINE, Subin had worked in advertising as a motion graphics designer for a variety of Korean brands. In 2011, she joined Naver and took her first step in IT service advertising planning and production. Drawn to the appeal of targeting users around the world, she joined LINE in 2014 and has been in charge of LINE's advertising production. This year, she celebrates her 10th anniversary with LINE. Let's read about her story!LEARN MORE
- Business & SalesEsme ChenBusiness DevelopmentEsme Chen joined LINE in 2017 to take charge of media partnerships at LINE TODAY. She makes sure our relationships with international media outlets are positive and mutually beneficial. In addition, Esme has participated in several cross-team projects to extend her original business and make connections with others. We are glad to have Esme share more about her life at LINE Taiwan and how she conveys positivity to internal and external partners!LEARN MORE
- PlanningLee YubinProduct ManagementYubin Lee joined LINE in September of 2021. Originally she was in charge of payment services for Korean users, but now she leads the LINE Messenger's Note service, where she says she really enjoys working on an international-facing product. “I feel proud of becoming a good LINER, like the interviews with other LINERs I read while preparing for my job interview,” she said. Let's take a look at how she is developing herself while gaining international experience.LEARN MORE